Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just a little something-something

I love living by the beach. And I love living by this (frightening) gigantic baby, which is on the beach:





Sarees are so beautiful and they are so bright. Women always wear them. The other day a few girls from the program were wearing sarees, and some women came up to them and thanked them for wearing sarees and preserving the Indian culture. This is a picture of me with one of our cooks, who just left/had to quit:



More beautiful sarees:



India is cool, and I dig these statues (they are at the top of a hill in Visak):



Also, maybe they really do sell deodorant here (sorry for doubting you, Faj and Andy):



Also, I miss these cutenesses:




I miss Kai, too, but don't have any blog-worthy pictures of us together. Sars, Kai.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, thank you for posting the beautiful pictures! You look fantastic. I hope you're having an incredible time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby statue is hilarious. Looks like India is AMAZING! I wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete