Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Augustus Gloop

I went on a all day (5:30 am to 8:30 pm) boat ride along the Godavari River. It was really long. But also really beautiful. I spent a little bit of time sleeping on the corrugated steel flooring (super comfortable), a lot of time looking at beautiful scenery, and most of my time enjoying the company (from a distance) of the Indian version of Augustus Gloop! He was a boy who was about 12 or 13 years old, I'd say, and he was wearing a cream-colored, iridescent paisley design, three-piece suit, with subtle sparkles on the lapels. But if that wasn't enough - he was wearing the vest as his shirt, and it was slightly too small for him. So, his cute, chunst little belly was hanging out between the gaping buttons. Seriously guys, I started giggling every time I looked at him! Thank you zoom lens!



Oh, just sucking/gnawing on the bar. Like I said, it was a long ride - he had to do something for his boredom.






So I may have become a little bit obsessed, but it was a really long ride.

I'll post more soon on the actual scenery of the boat ride, but I promise it's not as good as Augustus.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. When we saw the title of this blog we knew it was going to be a good one. Hilarious! Good sneaky photographing skillz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny! Natalie, you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete