Sunday, December 27, 2009

christmas deliciousness

So, I was complaining to one of my good friends, Andy (if he had a blog, I would link his name right over) that all I want every year for Christmas is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in my stocking. Whenever I tell the Faj Mahal this, his response is always: "Those things are filthy and full of hydrogenated oils!" {ps, they're not} or "I always get you peanut butter cups!" {because he gets the peanut butter cups from BYU's candy counter, which are seriously not as delicious as Reese's.} I reiterate that I just want the bright orange cheap-o ones, but really, he refuses to buy them. Dramatic? Yes. But I secretly like that he takes a stand on it, I guess. Anyway, Andy cleverly wrapped a "shoots and ladders" box {trying to psyche me out, because I hate board games} and it was FULL of Reese's Peanut Butter cups. It was really exciting. Lars especially loved it, as you'll see in the following three photos. {Note Lars' progressing excitement in the following three photos - pay special attention to his hands and face in each photo.}







And I'm trying to be better at documenting exciting events, such as Christmas, but my brothers just aren't as into it. For example:



And the Faj Mahal's salmon/clam chowder is so heavenly, even though it looks gross, yellow, and glossy in this pho-to. If Trevor {I would also link over to his blog, but I don't know how...} took the photo, the food would look delicious.









i heart my brothers. they are so cute.

ps, one of my india besties did an awesome little recap. i still need to finish india blogging, but in the meantime, if you are interested, read this:

http://courtneyelizabeth28.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-have-i-been-doing-you-ask.html?showComment=1261963449572_AIe9_BFZD0S6KHjAr7_mGOJoLSdJxlHC7eu2q7Nl7opTCvTFWB_Zqa3-jsUQi-fp1epPcx0KQuQkIZ6m5tugQrWd9GQEc8oVWfu77eDbHovid4VlJA98sCg3x-7Qp7VrHZs1IhtPMMRTFMR045g-RUNKaf8Rnildy_Q6yTIC4jMNcDm2zCiXLosVUy2eFEhtCJdDQQCGs2IGsoSGcHq_EiSWdSaxnOOZxu9vtn-geU7DScsC1Fn-NeOpL32zWw0OjqBdUyxwXQGD#c2779891710133773

3 comments:

  1. oh my. all of your blogs are making me die of the hilariosity. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The expressions on all of your faces are priceless! Love this post! Let's chat soon! Heard you need to get a new phone though. Boo. Seriously, you need to learn how to hyper link - I'll g-chat you through it if needs beeee. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having so much fun reading about all the events in your life - your voice is so authentic, it just makes me smile "reading" you!

    ReplyDelete