Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spiry Jetty

The other day, the curator of contemporary art at the MOA, Jeff, came into the room where I work, and asked if I/any other interested MOA employees wanted to go to the Spiral Jetty with him later that week. He had just sent an email to all the art students, and told us that if we wanted to go, we should email him within the next five minutes, as he only had a few available spots in the car and he was anticipating that it would fill up fast.

Well, you know how much time limits and the promise of missing out on awesome opportunities (especially with awesome lib-arts people) stress me out! So, I quickly committed, making my co-worker Allison commit with me. But, then for the rest of the week, I was all undecided about my already made decision. I was still hobbling around due to a very minor foot surgery (no comment), but I felt bad because Jeff had already ordered my Kneader's vegetarian box lunch! (I mean, who else would want to eat that?) Anyway, it was totally Meant To Be that I went, because since then my feet haven't hurt at all.

Anyway, sorry my indecision made a very boring story (but aren't you curious about my minor foot surgery?) And this is what the Spiral Jetty looks like:




MOA girls.


Moa total cuties. Just tryin' out the hip shot technique Master Trevor taught me.


How much do you love the black rocks? Trevor told me that one of his photographer friends from Vancouver said that whenever she sees his photos of Utah, it looks like the end of the world. Doesn't that make Utah scenery even more epic?


Cute Allison, not Sligting.


Congratulations, Caitlin, you made it onto my ever-popular blog! In a picture with me! Double bonus!



4 comments:

  1. NATALIE. I really want to go here. It looks so cool. So we should go before the water level goes up and this thing disappears.
    Oh and I love how this post is called "Spiry" Jetty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And looking totes hot too! Thanks, Nads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I wish I could have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog just makes me smile. I miss you Natalie - hope you are doing well - you must know by now that you are one of my favorite people in the entire world - big hug my friend!!

    ReplyDelete