Sunday, April 17, 2011

So, so in love with these people.


{Kaitie, Jessica, Caitlin, me, muted Harry Potter playing in the background}

I love working at the MOA more than I can even describe, and I love these people more than I can even describe. Jessica Day Smith is moving to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks and having a baby in November. (Baby no longer has a tail or webbed fingers, thank goodness!)

So, we MOA girls threw her a little last minute baby shower - potluck-Harry-Potter-style. I'm dumb and forgot to take a picture when everyone was there, so the pictures have only a few of us, unfortunately.

I'm totally bummed that Jessica Day is moving. She has dealt with me being mopey and complain-y to her allll semester long. She's always super patient and nice, keeps it real, and is one of the wisest people I know. Like when Kaitie was all nervous about calling some Senator to tell him that she didn't agree a bill he was trying to pass, Jessica finally said, "Kaitie, if you can talk to God, you can talk to the Senator." Doesn't that make you feel less stressed about talking to, oh, I don't know, some museum director? Well, not for me. But, Jessica is wise and she has given me so much good advice this semester - I will probably make poorer decisions without her in my Provo life.


Kaitie is so domestic. She made this blanket for Jessica, like, over the weekend. And even though it's finals week, Kaitie's facebook updates are comprised of invitations to craft parties she is hosting, making bagels with her roommate, and pinterest.


And look at Caitlin's creative domesticity. Harry Potter t-shirt, and she is currently knitting a Gryffindor colored mini scarf for Baby Smith.

Gah, it's hard/awesome having such talented friends.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are my way of finding out who is pregnant. Seriously thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love you and think you are the awesomest person ever!!!! AND one awesome thing about Natalie- for everyone who is reading this, her amazing style. She is not afraid to wear her own thing in her own way. Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete