Sunday, August 28, 2011

Birthday best.



This year's birthday was probably one of the best yet. Sometimes birthdays are stressful - planning things, meshing friend groups, all the pressure for it to be a super fun day. But this year was just relaxed and I saw tons of people I love and did basically everything I wanted to do. It was just the best.

In the morning, I went to Communal for breakfast with the parents. The food there is seriously so beautiful and way delicious.



Communal has the best biscuits I have ever had in my entire life. I had heard that they are divine and on the menu they are called the best biscuits you'll ever eat, or something like that. Honestly, true. That good.

I ate 2 bites of bacon, for the first time in almost five years. Weirrrd. Just trying to break out of the veg thing slowly for the mission.

I went to work for my work meeting, and my co-workers all brought delicious treats to eat during the meeting. Best.

Then I went to visit my dear friend, Analyn, and baby Eamon. Love hanging out with them.

After that, cousin Kjirsten picked me up. When she saw me/my outfit, she said, "Aren't you looking festive today!" hah. We went to cash in on my free birthday frozen yogurt. (Cashing in on free things - always awkward. Thank you, Kjirst, for the moral support.)

I fed Kjirsten all the gross bites of frozen yogurt (melty, hard frozen gummy bears, weird flavors mixed) while she was driving. She's such a champ on my birthday. We went to her house and she gave me a massage that lasted more than an hour! (Even after she massaged all day for her job.) Then I lounged in her way delicious bed (seriously, Kjirst has the best bed), talked to Kimi & Landon on the phone, and made Kjirsten do my eye make-up.



Then we met besties at India Palace for dinner. I meshed at least 3 different friend groups! I know, so bold! (Photo above and the rest of the photos are courtesy of Trev4, per usual.)



My little cousin, Tessa (Kjirsten's little sister), made this for me for my birthday. It's a chocolate taffy and little kitschy broach attached to a ribbon tied around a glowstick. Best.



Steve's face.





hah, Ariel.



Trevor, Steve, Ariel, Daniel, me, Kjirsten, Niels, Erin, Emily.



That night, we went back to my house and had a fire and s'mores. I made Niels re-tell a hysterical story from his first day of work (more on that, later) for the third time that day. Cousin Addison brought a delicious raspberry-chocolate cake over unexpectedly.

Best birthday ever, tell you what!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously really do love your outfit. Totally festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish Allison and Matt would've been there. And Finn. And Emily. Other than that PERFECT b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best birthday! so glad i was there :)) also i look really miniature in those pictures. i never think i'm that baby small.

    ReplyDelete