Monday, February 6, 2012

MTC Letter #8, Dec. 20, 2011

Hey family and friends!

This week hasn't been too eventful, but I'll try to think of exciting things to write about. It's still just one big, spiritual party here, as Niels says about my MTC experience. Also, apparently Niels bought a megaphone "for recording purposes" and so far has just been using it as he walks around the house saying things like "naked" into it. Wish I were home to witness that, just a little bit.

As usual, Chinese is still hard but awesome and still makes us, and our Taiwanese teacher, crack up a lot. This week she said things like:

She was laughing at something Elder Cranney was saying and he was like, "What?" And she was like, "No, nothing, it's just your accent is very cute."

Another time, she was cracking up when she was watching us teach, and we were like, "What is so funny?" and she was like, "When you said that you liveIt just sounded like you said you died and then came back to life." And then still laughing, she said, "Okay, I have to go or I will die." (I loved when she said that because my district always makes fun of me for saying things like, "Oh, that's so cute, I'm going to die." or "I love it so much I want to die.")

For some reason, we crack up so easily here. Elder Stallings and I have a new goal of trying to be more reverent, because we both crack up over nothing. Although, the other day, I had been laughing, and then Elder Stallings called on me to pray, and I totally made it through the whole prayer without laughing at all. Total score. also, I am proud to say that I consistently make Elder Stallings laugh so hard he gets tears in his eyes. I'm not even funny, it's cause he laughs when I impersonate District videos, or say that things are so dang cute I wanna die.

So, this week, my companion, who I love dearly, wrote a nice little tribute to me in her journal. I think you'll appreciate it, so I'll copy an excerpt below:

"My companion really likes clothes. Love shopping, loves clothes, and as she always says, she goes with 'quanity over quality', because she easily tires of her outfits. It's been fun to see her on a mission as she's already gotten sick of her clothes, so now she puts together more... unusual... outfits. She nows that she looks a little unorthodox, so she's made some hilarious descriptions/personalities associated with some of her more original ones. here are some of my favorite:

- Middle part with two small braids going back/ruffly blouse: "Jiemei [sister], I look like a medieval princess right now."

- Bright yellow cardigan/bright red skirt: "Anyone need condiments with that? Ketchup and mustard, right here!"

- Pink blouse, pencil skirt, and read scarf with white polka dots, "Jiemei, be honest with me - do I look too much like a stewardess right now?" and "Well, I feel like a Disneyland museum tour guide right now."

- Blue/denim blouse with an Indian wrap skirt with crazy fish patterns on it: "I feel like a forty-year-old woman who is obsessed with Southwestern art." "

I would also like to mention that sometimes when I try something on, Sister Winters totally tries not to laugh and then geos throughout the rest of the day saying, "You know, that otufit is actually really growing on me." Thank you, Sister Winters! But, really, she's so great.

Niels asked me if I already feel like I am changing a lot. And I've been thinking about that, and I don't feel like any huge changes have come over me, and I don't feel like my personality has changed, but I have definitely come to a lot of realizations. Like, I'm just realizing how vital the gospel really is and that God is/should be the most important. I'm realizing how important missionary work is. I already want to continue to be involved in missionary work when I get home and I want missionary work to always be a part of my life. I wish that I had been better at doing my callings well and fellowshipping new members. I think about how every person and every calling is so important to God, and in the future, I'm going to be better at really doing my callings.

What is everyone's plans for Christmas? Miss all of you and love all of you so, so much! And hope you all have such a good Christmas while I wake up at 6:30 am, and eat MTC ham. Just kidding - seriously so, so grateful that Heavenly Father has allowed me to be a missionary and that I decided to do this. Everyone take pictures of your Christmas activities, esp, Allison, Kimi, Ariel, parents, etc when you get together! Want to see all of your cute little faces!!

Love you alllll!!

Natalie

Shout-outs:

- Allison M. - yes! Got the package! Thank you, you are so great!

- Analyn - Also got your package - thank you!! Love you.

- Celia - Finallllly! Thanks for your letter!! If you *want* to send that one Argentina dress you wore on your mission, I would looove that, but no pressure!

- Addison - I'm in building 18 M, room 344, I think. Come stalk me!! I eat lunch at 11:50 and 4:50. Please hope no creepers read this. (Dad, make sure Addison gets this info because I want to see him!)

- Ariel! Still dying for your deets. Hope you're doing well and made it to California for Christmas.

- Thanks everyone for all your great letters and I'll try to write back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment