Tuesday, March 6, 2012

February 26, 2012

Hi!

Once again, no time this week, because guess what?! I am getting transferred! I am pretty shocked because I thought for sure Sister Wang and I would be together for 2 transfers, with the new training program and everything. But, I am going to Zhong Li, not too far from where I am - I went there once for a few hours, but didn't really see anything. It's supposed to be a bigger city. My new comp is Sister Cai, also a native. Awesome! I've met her a couple times and I really like her. I am super sad to leave Zhubei - I adore the members and people here. I even kind of like the hills. But, it will be fun to go somewhere new. It was sad saying goodbye to some of the members and some of our investigators. Wah. One of our investigator's names is Coca (her english name) and she is so cute and funny. Like, she'll pat my arm, and she accidentally pats really hard. It's so funny. We asked her in a lesson why she thought so-and-so was getting baptized and she said, "Because it's really fun?" Ha, she's so funny.

We had to go to Taipei like 17 times this week, actually like 4. (It takes 2 hours on train, each way.) So, on Friday we went to pick up Sister Wang's new comp - she is training again. Her name is Sister Ruan, and she is so cute I could die. She has this adorable little voice, and her English/Chinese accent is the cutest. She bikes slow, like me, and she was telling me how she didn't want me to leave because then she'll have to keep up with Sister Wang. Sister Wang said something about how her body would be healthier and she yelled out, "Noooo! I don't want health!" Or something. Ha, she is so funny and great. She reminds me of cousin Kjirsten, and then I found out she wants to sell essential oils for a living. Totally Kjirsten-esque.

Over the past couple of days, I have felt like my Chinese has progressed a bit - like I can actually see progression for once. I feel like I'm remembering more words, etc. Listening - still impossible for me. But hopefully getting better.

This Saturday, Xin Zhun, one of our investigators got baptized. I'm glad I was able to be here for it. My favorite things about her baptismal service:

- the little boy laying down on his side, his head propped up with his hand, right in front of the baptismal font. Ha, so funny!

- Xin Zhun's peace sign, as she came up out of the water.

- Me singing a mormon pop song, translated into Chinese with the young women.

- Xin Zhun's moccasin boots with her white baptism clothes. So cute.

Last week, we went to the Taipei temple and hung out with missionaries. I love Taipei! Such a cool, fun city. Another day last week, I went to Taipei to have a special training for new missionaries = so much fun. I got to see all my MTC buddies, including Sister Winters who came all the way from Hua Lian, and it was just so fun. Especially because at the start of my mission (it's getting better), I felt like I couldn't really be myself because I just feel like this little baby in a new place, so hanging out with all my MTC buddies who laugh at all my jokes (Sister Winters, mostly) was awesome.

Oh, last week, we taught this really old couple - hilarious. We had to yell our testimonies, yell our prayers, etc. And in Chinese culture, someone offers you something and you refuse it a couple times before you accept it. Well, they offered us tea and coffee, and even though Wang Jiemei was yelling that we really couldn't drink it, they were pouring up cups and giving it to us. Finally, we got the point across and then later in the lesson, Wang Jiemei took a drink of her own water bottle, and the whole process started all over again, of them trying to offer us their drinks. Wah, so funny. Trying so hard not to laugh.

All right, sorry this is kind of short and no pictures. Hopefully I'll have more time next week.

Love you all so much!

Love,

Natalie

Shout-outs:

Kimi- what was that?? You apologized for writing too much?! Cha right, can't get enough! I will write back to you soon but I LOVE YOUR HAIR. You look retro and cute. And all your pictures! Wah, love you so much. Is Landy going to DC for his internship? Wah, what a superstar!

Caitlin- thank you! That chocolate is seriously the BEST I have ever had in my life. Wah, so good.

Nicole - your letter was hilar. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment