Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16 (Zhongli-10)



view of Zhong Li from our apt window.


Dearest family and friends,
Sorry for not writing on Monday. Today is our temple day, so they changed p-day to today. Sorry forgot to tell you last week.
The most exciting thing that happened this week was that our cutie 17-year-old investigator, Zhong Shi Ying, got baptized and confirmed! I'm so happy for her. She was so cute after she came out of the font, she was giggling and was like, "That was so fun!" She's so great and I admire her so much. Then on Monday (the day after she was confirmed), we asked her to be the member at a lesson with a new investigator and her testimony was so powerful and she totally helped the girl understand why we should/why it is awesome to pray everyday. It made me and Chen Jiemei so proud! She's doing so great.
Oh, last p-day, we went to an amusement park, and you should all be proud, I rode on this really tall and terrifying ride. And I was TERRIFIED. I screamed so loud and spasticly the whole time, and when I got tired of screaming, I was accidentally making this dying animal noises because I was still so scared. I didn't realize how embarrassing it was until after, and all the elders were cracking up.
I really love being a missionary and I'm sooo glad that I was prompted to go on a mission and that I finnnallly turned my mission papers in and got to come here to Taiwan. I love Taiwan and I love being a missionary here. The people here are so good! Members and investigators are always giving us bread, fruit, drinks, etc. They are the best, nicest people in the world. I love serving with my compy comp so much. She's such a rockstar! Such a hardworker! We're having so much fun being here in Zhong Li together. We had an awesome zone training yesterday and I just love President Grimley so much. Oh, also, I had to give a talk, and I started going over my time limit, so the person conducting the meeting starting putting the podium up and down, and at first I didn't notice, and then I did, and I was so awkward and embarrassing, like, "Oh! Uh, ahh! Uh, sorry! Okay, so. Uh." And hurried and finished. Ha, embarrassing.
Sorry, most rambly email ever. Don't know what to say.
Love you all so much!
Love, Natalie

Shout-outs:
Thank you Emily, Analyn, Coryn, and Kayla for writing me! I haven't read your letters yet but I will today! Wah, love you all so much! Ps, Coryn, you're home!! Whaaat?! Crazy. I'm so glad you wrote - this week on my to-do list, I was planning on figuring out a way to get your address, so thanks for writing!



 Delicious and dangerous all-you-can-eat hot pot. The meat looked so cool. I eat so much meat here. Weird.

 Me with Xin Zhun (my last area convert - she came to Zhong Li) and Dong Jiemei - i LOVE her and she's getting baptized this week.

 cutie Shi Ying, again

 With Zhong Shi Ying and her bestie who got baptized same day as her.

cutie Shi Ying

District picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment