Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 20 (Zhongli-11)


Beautiful Taiwan out of the train window.


Dear everyone,
We just got move calls and me and Chen Jiemei are staying together here for another transfer and I am so stoked!
Our brand new convert, Zhong Shi Ying, is just doing so good. She's totally changed since baptism - like a week ago. She's just so happy and she said she feels like since her baptism, she has more self-esteem. Wah, it's so cool to see.
Also, Dong Jiemei got baptized on Saturday, and confirmed yesterday and wah, I'm just so happy that she got baptized and I love her so much. Listen to how precious she is - we told her she needed to prepare a small spiritual thought to share after her baptism. She was a little bit nervous, but when she got up to give her talk, she held up this little sign (attached to a stick) that she had made that had all her favorite scripture references on it. She talked about all the scriptures and why she liked them and then talked about how her favorite commandment is the Word of Wisdom. (I love that she has a favorite commandment.) She is so cute and great! Also, the other day, in a lesson, I said like, "I know that what my companion said is true" and Dong Jiemei started cracking up, so I was like, "What??" And she was like, "You should make signs that say, "I know what they said is true" so that during church, if you agree with the speaker, you can just hold up that sign. I bet a lot more people would come to church." Wah, I was cracking up when she said that.
My dear friend Analyn sent me this super beautiful poem this week as part of her letter to me, and I've been thinking about it a lot. It's about how God wants us to be happy despite of our trials and hard things. It's called A Brief for the Defense by Jack Gilbert. You should all go look it up, because it's just so good, and I can't read poetry right now and you all can, so, go read some poetry for me. Anyway, the last line of the poem is, "To hear the faint sound of oars in the silence as a rowboat/ comes slowly out and then goes back is truly worth/ all the years of sorrow that are to come." I really love that line, and I feel like that's how the Spirit feels. Lately, when I feel the Spirit really strong, it's like this feeling of all my happy, peaceful, content feelings I've had or moments I've experienced all compacted in one feeling. And I think when we feel the Spirit, it's enough to sustain through the hard times - knowing that there really is a God, our Heavenly Father, who loves us and that when we die, we can all live with our families together forever and eternally improve and progress.
Hm, can't think of what else to say. My English class is still awesome and funny. Last week, I described a bunch of funny youtube videos to them and they were cracking up. I love my English class. The elders make fun of me because we use 90% of our English meeting planning my English class.
Love you all so much! Thanks for all your letters and pictures!
Love, Natalie

Shout-outs:
Analyn, obviously loved the poem and your letters! Thank you! So good to hear from you. I loved the update on your family also.
KC Childs: Do you still read my blog? I miss you! Write me, HINT HINT. ha.
Coryn: Wah, you're home! Sent you a letter!
Emily Larsen: Do you know how much I love your juicy provo updates? Slash your letters are always so funny, I wanna die. Also, thank you for the pictures. You are looking so cutie cute.



I eat so much meat here.

 Me and Zhong Shi Ying, with her freaky red contacts, cutie short hair cut, and Sister Chen's missionary badge. We were talking with her about going on a mission and she was pretending to be a missionary and it was hilarious.

Dong Jiemei's baptism!!

 Me and Sister Chen made a sign that said, "I know what she said is true" so we could take pictures and give them to Dong Jiemei. This one got cut off, but I think it's so cute.



1 comment:

  1. I just love reading all of Natalie's mission updates. It sounds and looks like she is having wonderful experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete