Sunday, November 4, 2012

October 31, 2012 (Zhongli)



Dear all,

Sorry for not writing on Monday - our pday got changed to Wednesday so that we can go to the temple today. I need the temple right now. So stressed about new york and the east coast. Stressed about global warming. Stressed because I'M STAYING IN MY AREA ANOTHER TRANSFER. (dyyyyying.) Love the area, love the people, but you know, YOU KNOW. Stressed about other things. Anyway, so I'm grateful and excited I have the chance to go to the temple today.

Guess what? One of my all-time favorite Taiwan people, Wu jiemei was Mimi Warnick's trainer!! yeah, so cool! Her name is You Hua Li - mimi will totally know her! I'm going to write mimi about it, but tell Mimi that her husband is now the most strong, active member.

My poor ward has to have me for another transfer. Wu jiemei took us out for dinner because they thought I'd move, but nope! So, embarrassing, psyche!

Okay, this week we had the best baptism! Cai jiemei (also one of my favorite Taiwan people - gah, they're all my favorite!) and little Bo Yu, her 8 year old son got baptized. (Faj, her husband is from hong kong, so I feel like our missions are connecting a little bit.) Cai jiemei has waited forever to get baptized. She was so ready and the baptismal service was so lovely. We sang "I like to look for rainbows" as the opening song. Someone saved me from having to play the piano. I introduced Cai jiemei, emphasizing that since I've been here foreeevvver, I've gotten to know Cai jiemei really well. Then they had the baptism. Bo Yu had to get baptized twice because the first time his leg came up. We chatted with Cai Jiemei while she dried her hair (ps, I always try to let investigators have a moment alone in the bathroom after their baptism because I think it's probably a powerful, spiritual experience and also, because of your experience Ariel). Then we went back upstairs, Cai jiemei bore her testimony and ended by firmly declaring that she will endure to the end. Ooo, I get chills thinking about it. Bo Yu read his testimony in a monotone: "I'm so excited to keep coming to church every Sunday. I love learning about following Jesus' example." etc. I was cracking up.

I told you about how we met a hottie mchotterson that we are setting up with our investigator Yin Ru, right? Oh, man, they haven't had time to meet yet, but they've been corresponding, and Yin Ru loooves him - aka loves us more than ever! She already loved us, but every time she calls us, she expresses how grateful she is for the gospel, meeting missionaries, and meeting this new guy. And one day she'll thank me for encouraging to switch her little profile picture from a cat to a picture of her. haha! And she asks us questions about the temple and eternal marriage. Oh, she's so cute and funny. We love her. Bad news! She's moving to Taizhong soon. Degrey, maybe you'll meet her. So she's not getting baptized with us.

This week, we discovered a cockroach in Sister Crofts' luggage. Four girls living together plus flying cockroach equals so much screaming. I started recording them trying to catch it because it was hilarious. Showing you all the video when I get home. Everyone was freaking out. We were yelling louder and louder and louder.

In Sunday school, our recent convert, Qian jiemei bore her testimony about the spirit world. She said that she and her little boy chat every night before he goes to bed. So he was laying in bed and she was chatting with him, and he was like, "mama, I don't want you to get old. Because then you'll die and I don't want you to die." She said he was only five at the time, and he started crying. She didn't know what to tell him because she didn't really know what would happen. She said she told him, "Don't worry! I'm going to be pretty forever! I won't get all old and wrinkly. I'm not going to die!" But, she said it made her so sad because she didn't know. But, now she can tell him that even if she dies or something bad happens, it's all going to be okay because she's going to see him again and they'll live together forever in a really happy place. Precious. Telling people about the plan of salvation was a huge motivation for me to come on a mission. Also, I've been all stressed about the end of the world (Faj, are you cracking up? I'm serious) and the storm in new york, and I always tell our investigators how our lives aren't stable and things could change in two seconds, but our relationship with God won't change. He'll always be there, and that's why we need Him and we need to live the gospel. Some get it and some don't.

We've been meeting with an awesome LA, who got baptized in your mission, Niels. She has all these fliers for activities at the Morristown meeting house, and I think of you. Whenever we meet with Ping, we walk through crowded, scooter and pedestrian filled streets to find a little local place that Ping loves. Hot soup with pork, dou hua. Last week it was ice cream from a gas station. I love hanging out with Ping. She's wonderful and takes us to eat delicious food.

All right, I think this is what I've got for this week. Stay safe. I love you all more than I can even express.

I forgot a story. We went to zone conference and had to go out and find with a new companion. So me and Sister Laumatia got put together. We had this feeling to just go knock at this one house. So we did. Actually not even really a feeling - it was just something we did. Anyway, the woman there was interested in religion and had a lot of questions. She let us come in. Sister Laumatia offered a beautiful, sincere, humble prayer. The woman started crying and said she didn't know why she was crying but she felt so happy and so touched. She said no one had prayed for her before. Before the prayer, she was talking a lot and had a ton of questions. After the prayer, she was so still and calm. It was a powerful and awesome experience for me. And before we left the woman insisted on giving us persimmions. As she gave us the fruit, I could feel how grateful she was that we had prayed with her and for her. It was such a cool experience.

the pictures i just emailed:
us with investigator, jovi.
me and sister laumatia with our fruit.


Love, Natalie

Shout-outs!
Ariel, Steve, Celia, Bens, Annie, Yahya, Khalil - are you guys safe?? So stressed for all my new york and new jersey besties!
Ariel: thanks for the million emails and pictures. looooved them. Also, duh, cannot wait to visit you. Also, seriously, moving there when I graduate. So set on it.
Allison: Thank you tons for the rich updates on your life! I loved your emails!! Thanks for sending them. I will write soon!
Trevor: brobro
Emily Larsen: Are you getting these? thanks for the email. love you so much.
JOSH AND DEE: I love bananas so much I could die. Seriously, looove you guys and loved hearing from you! can't wait for dinner, kisses from landon, and will i get to hold lily by the time I get back??





No comments:

Post a Comment