Sunday, March 31, 2013

April 1, 2013


Have I told you guys that whenever I show people my family picture, they always do a couple double takes and then ask which one is me. Which is always after telling them I'm the only girl in my family. C'mon guys!!! Apparently I look super, SUPER different. Then they always comment on my "rock" brother. They think Niels is handsome. (Then I always say, "Yeah, he think's he's handsome." And then they always crack up.) Sometimes they think Finn is a girl. HA! And they think Lars is cute. Everytime it's the same. Faj, President and Sister Day told me I look like you. Precious. But, mom, if they had met you, they probably would have said I look like you because I think more people think we look alike.

You guys, I'm getting home this month. It's crazy. Sometimes I get a little sad. Like last night, I was thinking of some members who invited us over for dinner, but we didn't go because we felt like we should stay in our area and find. (See,not getting too trunky.) But, I just got sad all of the sudden and thought about how much I'd miss them and miss not living close to them. I already want to come back to visit all my friends. And do all the cool taipei stuff I've never done because I'm one of the few missionaries who's never served there. But, I'm also really excited to come home and see all of you and move on to the next phase of my life. And wear cute clothes again and bike wearing jeans. But, really, love my mission. And excited for the time I have left.

This week wasn't super eventful. The other sisters hid in our apartment and scared us so bad. We screamed and then a neighbor came to check on us. Sister Huang was like, "Oh, sorry, Americans are loud." Hah! I love living with Sister Huang. She's getting trained by Sister Parker (who I also love). Sister is either talking and going a mile a minute, or really tired. Sister Parker said she received revelation about Sister Huang. Sister Huang always wants to sleep, but if she's talking, she's wide awake. So if she's getting tired, Sister Parker just gets her to talk and then she's fine. Sister Huang talks to us about Taiwan culture stuff all the time. She was telling us how sometimes they eat baby deers or "bambis" and then said in English, "Very cute. Very yummy." ha! The other day there was a big earthquake.

Okay, rambling. Sorry. This week I went on exchanges to Taidong with sister Zhong. Sister Zhong told me that she used to be a big partier and wasn't interested in church or God at all, but someone (she doesn't know who) gave her phone number to missionaries. She thought it was annoying,but then started going to English class and eventually met with the missionaries. She said she was really influeced by one of her sister missionaries. She said that she felt like she was so angelic and so perfect and she wanted to know how a person could be like that. She said she didn't get baptized for her,but she feels like if she didn't meet her, she might not have been so influenced to get baptized. I think it's cool that that missionary had such an impact on her, just because of who she was. It makes me want to be a lot more Christlike.

 Oh, no, have to go to the bathroom so bad. BAthroom doesn't really have a door. Trying to hold it.

Anyways, this week after English class, I invited one of the guys to meet with missionaries and he didn't want to. He said he believed in Jesus Christ, but he needed proof. I got to testify of the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost. You know how sometimes you have a dream, and like you're mad at your friend and then when you wake up, you're still mad at your friend? It's like your dream literally changes you a little bit? That's how the Holy Ghost works, I think. Just like in Mosiah 5:2, when the Holy Ghost communicates with us, He literally changes us - changes our nature, our disposition and helps us believe and know that Christ exists. It's hard to explain that influence, but it's sort of like a dream. He can literally help us change our very nature and gives us pure knowledge. I love what Joseph F Smith said, "When a man has the manifestation from the Holy Ghost, it leaves an indelibale impressiion on the soul, one that is not easily erased. It is Spirit speaking to Spirit and it comes with convincing force... The impressions of the Holy Ghost sink deeper into the soul and are more difficult to erase." Super cool. I'm trying to be ever aware of the enticings of the Holy Ghost, so I can put off the natural man.

This week, we thought we had a big miracle of talking finding a family. A man and his two children. He was really sincere and intent on listening to us. But, later we found out (not from him,but from the elders) that he is already the elders' investigator. Bummer.

We visited the Ma family and the littlest one said he's been teaching his friends at school about prayer and how to pray. PRECIOUS. Almost died when I heard. We taught 10 commandments this week and took turns drawing little pictures of the ten commandments. They're doing good. One of them has been testing but we're working really hard to help them hit their baptismal date.

Okay, got to GO. Love you all so much. Thanks for your love and support. God is so real.

Love, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment