Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My life is the most delicious.

 I forgot how delicious Moab is. 



After Vicky took her last final on Wednesday afternoon, we loaded up Lydia's tiny baby convertible beetle with sleeping bags and a guitar in-between Vicky and I. We listened to beautiful music, ate peach rings (courtesy of Chris) and ate dinner at Greek Streak. NOT AS DELICIOUS AS CHRISTOPHER WAS HYPING IT UP TO BE. The lack of deliciousness untempted us away from the baklava and we instead went to Arby’s to get chocolate turn-overs. I hate to admit it, but THEY WERE SO DELICIOUS. 


Apparently Moab was having some jeep bro dude fest, so alllll the campsites were completely full. After driving around forever, we ended up camping out on the back lawn of the local Mormon church. We were silent all night, only to realize in the morning that we had all been awake with freezing thighs all night long and could have at least been chatting.


We hiked and walked and talked and everyone besides me climbed all the way up Jacob's Ladder. (I gave it a good go for like 2 minutes, until I get to the top of part of it and had a heart attack and became paralyzed and made Vicky semi-treacherously climb around me because I couldn't move.) I re-remembered that Chris is one of the most hilarious humans and also that he and Niels are soulmates for a reason. It made me even more stoked to see Niels. 

Queen Victorious. Doesn't she look regal?

One of my favorite humans. ^^^

A while ago, the Faj Mahal sent me this Rilke quote:

Lofty God of distant harmonies
I sense you everywhere deep
in everything
Upon the gently patterned slope
the trees
stand firm as when
first they heard you sing.

Fragment from Rilke's Sonnets to Orpheus

I hope I can see God manifest in giant buildings and crazy city. Actually, I’m excited to see God manifest Himself in the next season of my little life. I'm used to feeling close to God in nature, and I'm excited for this chance to see how I can feel close to Him in other ways.



10 comments:

  1. Nad!

    1. Blog is looking so cute! (No thanks to me...sorry.)
    2. MOAB. I wish I could have been there, freezy legs and all. SO beautiful. Oh Utah.
    3. Freaking out that you will be here soon. But not quite soon enough!!
    4. VICKY! So beautiful. Love those photos. Definitely regal.
    5. Faj Mahal! He should start a poetry chain (send this to 20 people or you die, lol). I love that he sent you that beautiful quote. Now I'm going to try to find God in this crazy place today. Subway. Kind of hard. Get so ragey. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. Obviously this is Ariel. NOT Steve HAHA

      Delete
    2. haha FIGURED THAT OUT AFTER READING #1. Thanks for that long precious comment. Soo funny about the FM doing a poetry-chain-or-die. Hahaha. Gosh. Cannot even wait to see you and be practically neighbors.

      Delete
  2. Nadlee! This is such a pretty blog post! Or should I say delicious? Don't worry, finding God in this crazy place is amazing because when it happens, which probably isn't as often as in nature, you really feel it. I am so excited for you to come and be in NY. Despite your busy schedule you HAVE to make time for me, okay??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CJ! Of course we're going to hang out a ton! And probably more than we had originally planned on ;) . You guys are the BEST.

      Delete
  3. Lovely thoughts My Dear. So fun to get a peek at your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marney! It's always so good to hear from you!!

      Delete
  4. Your photography is noticeably improving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all started when I started using the big camera ;)

    ReplyDelete