Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DC houses are the cutest houses // DC, part II


Celia is one of my dearest friends and is one of my most long-time best friends. We became friends due to living on the same street when I was a sophomore and Celia was a junior. We both had a fake crush on Andrew Skabelund (until she had a real crush on him and dated him), and spent our summers sleeping on the tramp, going to 7 Peaks, watching What Not to Wear and some lame MTV shows. When she went on her mission, her now-husband, Benson, and I remained friends and like the best friend I am, DIDN’T tell her about when he was dating other girls. I was there when she opened her mission call (and when I hugged my congratulations to her after she got set apart as I missionary, I RUBBED HER BUTT WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT IN FRONT OF THE STAKE PRESIDENT. !!!!) I was a bride’s maid at her wedding and spent many family reunions with her and her family. I took care of her down syndrome cousin, Julie Ann, for a year, which pretty much meant that I was getting paid to hang out with Celia. Celia is the type of friend who, having grown up together, knows all my aunts, uncles, my mom before her accident, and pretty much everyone who’s important to me since I was 12. Her and Benson also invited me to live with them in their one bedroom apartment when I moved to New York since my housing had last minute and unexpectedly fallen through. Hanging out in DC with her and Benson and getting to meet precious little Sebastian was the best and I love witnessing Celia evolve into this new sweet and perfect little mama.

Also, on this trip got to see cousin Harry! I haven’t seen him in years and although we weren’t extremely close growing up, it was so fun to see each other as adults and get to talk and connect on a lot more stuff. He insisted on driving me home and buying me dinner, so he’s definitely one of the best cousins there is.

Also got to see Clark Goldsberry (one of the best!) and I love talking with him more than I love talking with a lot of people. We met up at a bookstore, where Clark was lugging pounds and pounds of camera equipment and ate the MOST delicious food from Founding Farmers. We ran through museums and waited in a long line for Georgetown cupcakes and the people waiting in line with us gave Clark the rest of their pizza because he was starving and also he’s kind and charming, so of course people want to feed him! It was the best. Also got to see Jessica Daye, a beloved mission friend. We walked and talked and ate fancy happy-hour priced chocolate desserts.


And I take back what I said about DC all being the same color, in a negative way. Even though many of the buildings are the exact same color, it’s pretty in a monotone kind of way and there are plenty of charming and colorful homes to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment